We're thrilled to share that we've successfully migrated selected self-guided courses from our previous platform, TalentLMS, to a new platform, Canvas. This transition signifies a major advancement for GovEx Academy, as we embrace a more robust and user-friendly Learning Management System (LMS) to elevate your learning experience. We remain focused on ensuring that you benefit from a more streamlined and efficient platform.
As part of this upgrade, we've not only translated existing self-guided courses into Spanish and Portuguese but are also actively developing new courses to enrich our Canvas Catalog.
What does this mean for you?
- New Platform: With the migration to Canvas, you now have access to a more intuitive and feature-rich learning environment. This transition is intended to simplify your interaction with course materials, assignments, discussions, and assessments and will allow us to explore new ways to build community and engagement.
- Accessing GovEx Academy Courses: Your previous account and learning history will not be transferred to Canvas. To continue your learning journey, you will need to create a new profile on Canvas LMS. The process is straightforward, and we have provided an enrollment guide, attached to this message.
- Selecting Your Next Course: You can now explore our GovEx Academy Canvas Catalog and select a new course that aligns with your interests and career goals.
- Retirement of TalentLMS: After March 1, 2024, TalentLMS will no longer be accessible. We urge you to complete any unfinished courses on TalentLMS and exclusively access new courses through GovEx Academy Canvas LMS. We recommend exporting any essential data or materials from TalentLMS before the end of February.
- Support and Assistance: Change can sometimes raise questions or concerns, and we understand that. Our dedicated support team is available to assist you with any issues you may encounter during this transition. Simply reach out to us at email@example.com for prompt assistance.
Important dates and actions:
Sunset Date for TalentLMS: March 1, 2024.
- If you are still using TalentLMS, please finalize your activities and export any essential data or materials from your past courses. After March 1, 2024, TalentLMS will no longer be accessible.
- Start using the Canvas Catalog and Canvas LMS to enroll in new courses.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout this migration process and are excited to offer you a more enhanced learning experience through Canvas!.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the retirement of TalentLMS or the enrollment process on Canvas, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to addressing any issues promptly and assisting you to the best of our abilities.
Thank you for being an integral part of our vibrant learning community!
Bloomberg Center for Government Excellence